Monday, June 7, 2010

Special of the Week

Remember my bounty of food from the farmers market? I forgot to mention that I also took a trip back to Blueberry Hill Farm in Haughton with Sarah and we picked blackberries and blueberries galore! I made a berry crisp last night when we grilled out with my in-laws and worked in the rest of the fresh-from-the-farm items in my meal plan for the week.

The bounty

Sarah picking blackberries

Berries drying on the counter



Here's the lineup for the week:

Monday
Guacamole & chips
Hamburgers* on whole wheat buns
Farmers Market Potato Salad

Tuesday
Grilled rosemary shrimp scampi
Garlicky roma beans
Grilled corn on the cob

Wednesday
Spinach salad with blueberries, blue cheese, and walnuts
Grilled chicken with blackberry sauce

Thursday
Tomato Chickpea Curry
Indian-Spiced Okra (same recipe I made a couple of weeks ago... my new go-to for fresh okra)
Whole wheat cous cous

Friday
Honey-Mint Grilled Chicken
Sauteed spinach with garlic
Carrot Orzo

*I make my hamburgers the way my mom taught me: with chopped onion, grated cheese, a beaten egg, breadcrumbs, Worchestershire sauce, OJ, and a mix of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. I used the grass-fed lean beef from the farmers market and they were delicious!

4 comments:

  1. What about the recipe for the berry crisp?? yum yum!

    And just fyi, the carrot orzo recipe makes A LOT of carrot orzo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have fresh okra - can you send the recipe for the indian spiced okra??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court:

    http://www.ebfarm.com/Recipes/recipeView.aspx?rID=565

    Thanks for the advice about the orzo - think I'll make half of the recipe.

    Mom:

    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1988519

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read your menu, it always makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete