Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Skillz


Every day, Sam is learning new tricks! It's so fun to watch his skills develop as he gets more coordinated. A week ago, at his 2 month checkup, I asked our doctor if I should be concerned that he didn't seem to be reaching for his toys. When I would put him under the toys, they would catch his eyes and he would follow them, but that was it. (She probably laughed internally at my new-mom desire to make sure he was checking off the milestones but sweetly assured me that he was doing just fine).  A couple days later I snapped the picture below when he was waving his arms around and accidentally caught a wooden ring. He looked so proud of himself!

Look what I caught in my wildly waving hands!
Yesterday I put him underneath a particular dangling rattle toy and he stared and stared and smiled and talked to it, then started waving his hands around totally missing it. Well when I put him in the same spot this morning, he immediately started batting at it, with pretty good success! He's obviously going to be brilliant. :)

Tummy time has changed dramatically as well - see video below. He still doesn't just *love* tummy time though. Sometimes his head will be so top-heavy that he'll just flip right over and he looks so relieved to be on his back again. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. I see so much of you in his precious face and expressions. I love him!!! He is going to be a genius. And an athlete. And a gentleman. And a scholar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that Sam is the big cheese, I think he should staff you on more updates about what he's doing/what he's eating/what he likes/what he doesn't like....not all the time, but he has a fan base out here and we would like some information!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete