Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back in action!!

Guess what... I'm back!!! I'm not sure who even still has my blog in their reader or checks it at all (Lynds - you might be the only one) but I have an urge to document these days as they fly by us so I'm starting it back up!

Funny story... the last blog post I wrote was exactly a month before we found out that we were expecting our little bundle of sweetness. Oh how I had NO IDEA! Haha! Things have certainly changed since then.

Let's bring the ol' blog up to speed, shall we?
- May was a crazy month: We said goodbye to our friends, my job, & our first house, celebrated our four-year anniversary, moved in with David's parents for a couple of weeks, I drove to Atlanta with Otis in tow and then drove back to Shreveport for David's graduation, then we both drove back to Atlanta for Courtney's wedding week.



- In June we celebrated Courtney and Nic's wedding and lived with my parents (they went from an empty nest to having all six of us and three dogs in the house, with Courtney the only one actually going to work every day!). On June 8 we found out that I was pregnant! WOW!!! We went to Mobile and Natchez and told my parents the good news on Father's Day. On June 20, we moved to Winston-Salem and also found out that the job I thought I had lined up was not going to work out after all. The movers also severely damaged most of our furniture. That was a rough day.



-David started work on July 1 and on July 5 we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! Our initial due date was estimated at Feb. 17. On July 7 we had an ultrasound and they moved the due date back to January 23. I was looking for a job and trying to figure out what I was going to do.



- I interviewed and was offered a job in August at ettain group as an IT recruiter. I starting training at the end of the month. I was so nervous about interviewing while pregnant and how to handle that situation and decided to share the information with my boss after I was offered a position but before I accepted it. I feel so blessed that my job worked out the way it did!


-On September 1 we found out that we would be having a little BOY! I traveled to Asheville for Anna's bachelorette party and at the end of the month we flew to Denver to visit Courtney and Nic for a week.


 -In October we were busy busy. WFU Homecoming brought a bunch of friends to town and our house was a giant slumber party with all beds and couches full - so much fun. I traveled to Dallas and got to meet the Evans boys and Forrest Taylor - all adorable. 


-November flew by as I entered my third trimester. We celebrated Anna and Joe's wedding and I flew to Shreveport for a wonderful baby shower. We had a quiet Thanksgiving with just David and me at home and felt truly thankful for our blessings.

 -In December I started to get anxious and felt very unprepared for childbirth and taking care of a baby; luckily in the first week of the month, we attended the concentrated childbirth series at the hospital as well as a breastfeeding class, and I chose a pediatrician and hired a doula. Whew - that felt better. Christmas was spent in Atlanta and for New Years I headed down to the Zazworksys' farm for a fun time and sweet baby shower with the Wake girls and dates. (My date was the baby... David had to work).

- in January our lives changed forever when baby Samuel was born on a BEAUTIFUL spring-like day - January 28!

And that brings us up to speed. Oh how things have changed! Sam's first month update coming up next...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!! thanks for posting! keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! So glad the blog is back in action and can't believe all of the wonderful changes and blessings of the past few months!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise! Miss you SOOOO much! Glad you are updating the blog again!!!! I'll be checking regularly (as I have been for the past 10 months). Love,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still here! Love the updates!

    ReplyDelete